all the trees of the forest sing for joy before the lord
Welcome to the Parishes of Clipstone, Edwinstowe and Perlethorpe in the legendary Sherwood Forest. Since 633AD people have worshipped, prayed and served in these places. So come today, find peace and welcome, and join us as we seek to place love at the heart of life.
The Church of All Saints was built during the 1920’s to serve New Clipstone which was built after the colliery was sunk.
Whilst the building is plain on the outside, the interior is beautiful. It is a building at the centre of the community, and a place of real encounter with God.
All Saints is located in the middle of Clipstone on the intersection of Church Road and Fourth Ave.
St Mary’s Church is a beautiful and ancient place of worship in the heart of Sherwood Forest.
There is a growing church community of young and old, with a variety of worship services. Tourists annually come to see the church, where legend has it, Robin Hood and Maid Marian were married!
St. Mary’s is located in the heart of Edwinstowe, on the left at the top of the High Street.
The Parish Church of St John the Evangelist at Perlethorpe stands in the ancient grounds of Thoresby, as listed in the Domesday Book.
With it’s unique country estate setting, St. Johns is a very special place to get married. Do please get in touch with us to find out more.
St. John’s is located on the Perlethorpe estate, beyond the Estate Office and Village Hall.
Ensuring that children and young people as well as adults are kept safe whilst in our care is an integral part of our church life. If you have any concerns about safeguarding please contact our Parish Safeguarding Co-ordinators:
Clipstone: Pete Edwards, t: 07961 565532.
Edwinstowe & Perlethorpe: Tee Ailward, t: 07815 951135
In the Diocese:
firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Safeguarding Team on 07917 693285.
Out of Hours for Children & Adults: Nottinghamshire: 0300 456 4546; Nottingham City Council: 0115 876 1000; Bawtry: 01302 796 000.